Community without cohousing
From: Vonnie (vonnieasylum.sf.ca.us)
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 16:50 CDT
Jerry Callen commented:
>No one planned the neighborhood that I grew up in, yet it
>fostered a surprising (in retrospect) level of community.

I'm not in a position where I can buy into a regular cohousing group:
I'm pregnant, working 1.5 low-paying jobs, my husband doesn't have a
full-time paying job: we have neither the energy (which is a more
pressing issue than time, it turns out) nor the money to commit.
   But we have just moved into a neighborhood that has a fairly stable
group of residents.
   Does anybody have advice for creating community within this situation?
Or can anyone point me at a primer?

-Von Carts-Powell