mess in common house
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIHUBVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 94 09:46 CDT
Many thanks, by the way, from Monterey Cohousing .  We really appreciate the
helpful experience in recent discussions.

Here's a query for those of you who have moved in already. How do you deal with
personal items (shoes, sweatshirts,...), toys, dirty dishes and cutlery, left
around in the common space?  In our experience, these sometimes, but not
always, belong to kids.  stuff belongs both to residents and non-residents.

This is not a serious big problem (my personal view) but bothers some more than
others.

At our last meeting we discussed resentment of cleaning up other people's mess
and respect for others.  At one time I think we talked of putting left behind
stuff somewhere, possibly inaccessible for a while, but we never tried it. Any
other suggestions?

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
e-mail: baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu