Re: mess in common house
From: Nancy Wight (wightwal.hp.com)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 94 11:15 CDT

> At our last meeting we discussed resentment of cleaning up other people's mess
> and respect for others.  At one time I think we talked of putting left behind
> stuff somewhere, possibly inaccessible for a while, but we never tried it. Any
> other suggestions?
>
> Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)

I know you asked for advice from people who already moved in, so take
this for what it's worth...  We have designed into our common house
(that is, if they survive the current round of budget cuts :-( )
a bunch of cubbies - one per household - in the foyer area (not
right in front but around a corner).  Anything found laying around
gets put in the owner's cubby or into a bin if you don't know whose
it is.  Of course, this does not solve the problem of people
having to pick up after the others, but at least there's a place
for miscellaneous stuff.

- Nancy

--
New View Neighborhood Development, Acton, MA