Possessions diffusing throughout community
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (stuartslandau.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 94 16:27 CDT
This discussion of mess in the common house brings a related problem to
mind.  We find that common house dishes and cutlery tend to migrate into
our houses, and conversely that our crocks etc. move over to the common house,
and then from there into other peoples houses.  There is a process of diffusion
tending to a state of increased entropy wherein everybody has an equal share of
everyone elses dishes.  A similar thing happens with tools, books, etc.

What solutions do people have to this problem?

Stuart Staniford-Chen.
N-Street Cohousing
stuarts [at] landau.ucdavis.edu

PS - Our dish problems might be worse than most folks as our common dishes
are all from the thrift store (us being keen re-users and re-cyclers).  Hence
it isn't obvious that they are common dishes (although they do all have an
orange spot painted on the bottom).