Re: COHOUSING-L digest 173
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 94 11:04 CDT
William Johnson asked:

Does anyone have experience in using physical contact -- changing handshakes,
"patty-cake" or "rhythmic clapping" games, etc.  -- to encourage group trust,
bonding, etc.?   Are those mechanisms considered too silly or artificial?

At Sharingwood one of our group check-in's was to "Sound the rhythm of
your life these days". Members clapped, tap danced, etc.  We also
sometimes do a circle of massage as a closing, where we all stand in a
circle and massage the shoulders of the person in front, then everyone
turns around and returns the massage.

As far being too silly there are always people who are not enthusiastic
about "touchy-feely" type stuff.  In our group they have the option to
participate or not, and only one does not and that is respected.