Re: House location selection
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIHUBVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 10:47 CDT
Nancy Wight of New View wrote:

<When it came time to actually do it though, we felt we wanted to try to work it
out first and only use seniority as a tie-breaker. >>>>>>
I haven't been at the meetings (I'm not moving into the new construction homes)
but from what I've heard, that is the approach in Monterey's process.  I know
of at least one case where two families both have a particular location as
their first choice, and one has clear seniority, but they've talked of doing
some talking of options.

Personally, I think it makes sense to use seniority as a late factor in the
process, and try to meet people's needs first.
                Judy
Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
e-mail: baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu