RE: Another damned reporter...
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 11:29 CDT
Dan Pacheco asked:

I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on how your community
was financed.  Did everyone pool their money together and
pay for the complex in a lump sum, do individuals own the land
immediately around their homes,etc.?

At Sharingwood our land purchase history is a bit complex.  A single
individual bought half interest in the property, intending to form the
community. Then later a partnership, which included the individual
bought the second half interest in the property. So in our case the
land was bought by a small group of people who pooled their funds to
make a downpayment, then shared the monthly land payments for four
years until the property was paid off.

Sharingwood is a air space condominium, which means that the building
lot (1/3 acre) are owned by the individual so the individuals own the
land immediately around their homes.