Re: Cultural Consistency
From: Kevin Wolf (dcn00056dale.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 12:13 CDT
I apologize for not being clear about the my statement on creed and
religion.  Our community has always had an incredibly wide diversity of
religious beliefs living compatibly together.  From pagans to Christians,
Jews to atheists.  Some devoutely go to Mass every Sunday, others are
solid in their atheism.  The diversity has never included fundamentalists
of any religion - those who believe their written scripture word for
word.  This type of belief means that those of us who believe in
evolution will be directly against the fundamentalists.

A second factor is in how much one believes they should prostelitize
their religion or their belief in Rush Limbough to the others in the
community.  If they kept quiet about their beliefs and didn't push them
on others, maybe it wouldn't be a problem.

I hope this clears up my earlier statement.

---
Kevin Wolf
724 N St
Davis, CA 95616