Re: Re: Cultural Consistency
From: Caryn Olczyk (COLCZYK%NUACVM.ACNS.NWU.EDUUICVM.UIC.EDU)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 16:00 CDT
On the issue of religious diversity.  It'd work, but if you really got
diverse ... Jews and Moslems don't eat pork, old-time Catholics don't
eat meat on Fridays, some folks (even the non-fundamentalist, non-
orthodox) don't work on their respective sabaths (I believe Moslems have
Friday?, Jews Saturday, and various Christian demonitions have Sunday).
Do you put up Christmas trees and various decorations in common areas?
How do you handle common meals?  I'm not as familiar with Hindus and
other eastern religions, but aren't a lot of them vegetarians?  And
what kind of vegetarians, vegan or do they eat fish, fowl, eggs?

It's not quite as easy as it sounds.

Caryn
colczyk [at] nuacvm.acns.nwu.edu