Re: More on appraisals
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 94 09:41 CDT
Message author: UCLINK.BERKELEY.EDU!SAMEER  or C2.ORG!SAMEER
Posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (after several day delay - sorry )

> Both bank appraisers which did my house did pretty thorough walk
> throughs. Neither had been appraising houses for more than a year.  All
> you need in this state to become an appraiser is a business card, and a
> connection with a bank.  No experience, training or testing is required.
>
> No wonder appraisals are so lame.

        Well I don't think you can expect government testing to make
appraisals any better.

        What avout getting a realtor to appraise the place? Shouldn't
those be good at appraising places because they *know* what the market
is like, having to deal with the frustrations of trying to sell
places?

--
sameer                                          Voice:   510-841-2014
Network Administrator                           Pager:   510-321-1014

--
Fred H. Olson       fholson [at] uci.com         Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N,  Minneapolis, MN  55411  voice: (612) 588-9532