RE: Sales/Resales
From: Kevin Wolf (dcn00056dale.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 11:11 CDT
Not to take business away from realtors but why are they needed.  Almost
everyone of the eight houses that have been bought in our community from
their landlords has been done without a realtor.  Admittedly my wife
Linda and I have learned alot about buying housing and act in a way as a
"broker" but it is not that hard.  At least only pay a realtor 3%
commission and go do the advertising and selection process yourselves.
It benefits the community as a whole to do what Rob and Sharingwood are
doing by creating a waiting list. It certainly can't but help increase
the value of the proporty. N St has an internal waiting
list of tenants who wish to buy surrounding homes as they come up.

As an aside the 3% that the buyers have saved due to no realtor has been
one of the principle means by which we have financed our common house
reconstruction. For the most part  it has been a commitment buyers make as
part of what they agreed to when becoming a member of our community.

---
Kevin Wolf
724 N St
Davis, CA 95616