Re: Network use by non-nerds?
From: School of Mathematics, U of MN (depts5.math.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 08:53 CDT
On July 13, 1994 Steve W. wrote:

>Assuming the "middle class" clientele that's the average cohousing family, a
>decent home computer and decent software isn't unreasonable.  The whole thing
>just requires those who know to gently lead those who either don't know or
>those who resist to see what's possible.  The medium more than sells itself
>to those who give it a fair looksee.
>
>Regarding "gently leading those who don't know or those who resist", I predict
that a few in our group might be inclined to "dig in" regarding this issue.
It would take a long time to convince them.  We would have to demonstrate
the advantage and convince them that no damage would be done to the glue
that holds us together, which is the personal interaction of a maximum of
members.

For myself, I would love the idea of doing some of the meeting business
electronically.  At our stage of development (we just got approved
by the city) almost all contact is "business".  I'd love to have time for
some personal conversation.

Monika Stumpf, Monterey CoHousing-Mpls area, dept [at] math.umn.edu