Re: Sweat Equity
From: Deborah Behrens (debbehAuto-trol.COM)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 09:31 CDT
Highline Crossing is beginning to wrestle seriously with the issues around
sweat equity.  How have your groups handled this?

a       Requiring X hours of SE by housing unit or by individual adults

b       Some form of remuneration for SE work

c       Alternatives for those who can't (or won't) perform SE

d       What sorts of work are appropriately performed as SE

e       How your solution has been influenced by specific talents in your group

f       What about all the years of work put in in the early days of your group
        being treated differently from the later physical labor, and committee
        work in general

g       Pitfalls of using SE instead of expensive but skilled sub contractors

h       any other SE issues I haven't thought of????

Thanx,
|   This message is brought to you today by the   |
|    . -- .  letters C and H, and by the number 0 |
|   (      )                                      |
|   ( \''/ )                  /__\                | Debbie Behrens
|    ( \/ )                  | oo |   _WWWWW_     |
|   (      )      (o)(o)    (|_()_|) /  o o  \    | (303)252-2215
|  (        )   w"      "w    \__/ (|  __O__  |)  | debbeh [at] auto-trol.com
| (          ) W  -====-  W  /|\/|\  \ \___/ /    | Auto-trol Technology
|   Big Bird  Cookie Monster  Bert     Ernie      |