Re: Sweat Equity
From: David Thomasson (dthomassccs.carleton.ca)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 12:02 CDT
My preference is to be my own general contractor and control the
sub-contracting in order to tender only those things I can't do
myself. I've done this with arts groups who were building or
renovating, and informally by bartering with people on all sorts of
projects here and there. This is also what friends of mine have done.
Just hire outside help for what you really need. As for the bank you
need a cooperative one that is confident you will do good work, but
this is possible.