Re: Marketing ideas ???
From: Nancy Wight (wightwal.hp.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 11:21 CDT
My impression of how new members came to us is that they
fell in love with our *group*, not our houses, land, etc.
Sure there were a few who were primarily interested in the
location, but the feedback we have always gotten is "This
is such a wonderful group of people!  I really want to be
part of a community with you!."  Indeed there were two times
in the past 5 years where I seriously considered leaving the
group and both times, what kept me going was that I couldn't bear
to leave this *community* of wonderful people.

Judging from your posting, it seems that you could benefit
by shifting the focus of your advertising to provide more opportunities
for people to see your group in action - invite people to *your* meetings,
have cookouts, hold events for kids, etc.  I realize this is more
difficult and time-consuming, but I think it will pay off better than
the traditional methods of selling real estate.

Good luck!

- Nancy

--
New View Neighborhood Development, Acton, MA
wight [at] wal.hp.com  (soon to be changed due to new contract)