Re: Dealing with deadlock
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 15:52 CDT
Message author: KJWOLF [at] UCDAVIS.EDU
Posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop.

One useful technique for "stuckness" on key issues like a site plan is
for the group to go back and see if there is serious disagreement on the
foundation of decisions that should underlie a site plan decision.  What
is the groups purpose?  What are its goals?  What are the goals and
objectives for the site?  Were these ever prioritized?  If there is
consensus here, a 2/3rds vote should be reachable (if not consensus
itself) on a site plan specific.

When all things are weighed in and a consensus still can't be reached, we
at N Street have been able to reach consensus to draw straws.

---
Kevin Wolf
724 N St
Davis, CA 95616