Re: Intentional Communities vs. Cohousing
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 11:50 CDT
Having clogged up your mailboxes with a rather large reply previously
on this topic I just wanted to add one more point which I feel strongly about:

Cohousing is a form of intentional community by any definition of
intentional community that I have seen.  So the title of this thread,
Intentional Communities vs. Cohousing is misleading.  We are them and
them are us.  As Allens letter pointed out, Cohousing is just one shade
of the rainbow of communities, laying between land trust
(decentralized)  and commune (Centralized).  We are all part of the
same movement.

In October one of the keynote speakers at the National Cohousing
Conference will be Caroline Estes, a long time commune visionary and
consensus guru. (she was one of the founders of Alpha farm, a large and
successful communal farm started in the 60's in Oregon)  If you go to
the Conference, listen to her words of wisdom - we need all the bridges
we can build.

Rob Sandelin
Puget Sound Cohousing Network
Building a better society, one neighborhood at a time.