RE: Religious Cohousing Communities
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 14:09 CDT
Sandy Bodzin asked:
If you or anyone you know is a traditional/observant Jew and is looking
for a more meaningful community experience I'd be thrilled to talk all
this over with you.

I would recommend the book:  Directory of Intentional Communities: A
guide to cooperative living.  1991 Fellowship of Intentional Community.
 There is a new and updated edition to this coming out this fall????  I
will post of its arrival and how to get the new edition. There will be
several cohousing listings.

The Directory  lists a large number of religious communities, some are
Jewish and many of which could offer insight to your questions.  I know
that the Wesleyan Community on Vashon Island in Washington is very much
what you speak of. (Although not Jewish)  Independently owned homes,
Cooperative eating and religious service, a community house and school.
 (They are listed in the directory)

Good luck on your journey

Rob Sandelin
Puget Sound Cohousing Network
Building a better society, one neighborhood at a time.