Incorporation
From: David Thomasson (dthomassccs.carleton.ca)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 13:51 CDT
Hi, here's a handy incorporation tip. While I've never incorporated a
housing co-op I have gone through incorporation, and revisions, of
several arts groups in Canada. The most useful starting point I found
for the legal statements of purpose, liability, etc. required in your
corporate constitution is to collect as many constitutions from as
many places as possible. Then cut out all the points you like, paste
them together and revise from there. You will collect a wealth of good
ideas, useful legal jargon, and really cut down on legal fees. You'll
also probably end up with a very comprehensive and readable document. Dave.