Re: sweat equity - appology
From: Pablo Halpern (phalpernworld.std.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 12:40 CDT
I just re-read my response to David Tomasson's post about counting
sweat-equity by work completed instead of by the hour and I believe an
appology from me is in order.

I have done much advocacy work in the disability-rights movement and I
sometimes have a hair-trigger response to anything that seems insensitive
to people's differing abilities. My response to David, which I composed in
about 30 seconds, used a tone that implied that he was being insensitive
and pushing a discriminatory policy. In fact, he was simply giving a short,
logical suggestion to someone who had a problem. The fact that I think his
suggestion is flawed is no reason to jump down his throat.

My appologies to David and to the List. Please feel free to contact me by
private EMAIL if anything I post in the future seems unduly harsh or
unkind.

- Pablo

Pablo Halpern              (508) 435-5274         phalpern [at] world.std.com

New View Neighborhood Development, Acton, MA