Re: sweat equity
From: Kevin Wolf (kjwolfucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 19:39 CDT
This issue of burn-out and overwork is important.  One of the strengths
of N Street is that we have not been faced with deadlines that require
enormous amount of work.  We have had the luxury of setting work details
when we are ready, when it works for us.  We are good at putting things
off.  And we have the luxury of doing this because we are essentially
happy and satisfied as we presently are and don't feel the need to "be
better".

If you can at all put work off in the early stages of building a
co-housing community, I would urge you to do it.  You'll live together
for decades.  its the living together, enjoying one another that is
impoortant.  If it is not essential, I would postpone it until your group
is overwhelmingly ready to do the work.  You already have so much to do
to just move in.

Good luck.  And remember  the essentials.
---
Kevin Wolf
724 N St
Davis, CA 95616