Re: Retrofit Cohousing / terminology
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 94 16:00 CDT
On Fri, 12 Aug 94 15:15 CDT,
Hungerford, David  <dghungerford [at] ucdavis.edu> wrote:

>Fred Olsen wrote:
         ^ my last name is Olson
(tho my mom's the Dane, many Danish names end in "sen" :)

><<BTW it might be nice if we somehow were to come to some agreement
>on the spelling / capitalization / punctuation of the term cohousing
>itself.( CoHousing , co-housing, cohousing)>>
>
>Seems I remember that McCamant and Durrett copyrighted the term "Cohousing"
>in the course of publishing their book,  anyone know for sure?
>
>David Hungerford
>dghungerford [at] ucdavis.edu

The claimed a trademark (service mark?) on the term but have since
released this claim.  Their intent was to keep the term from
being corrupted by unauthorized uses until the term and its meaning
became established.  I dont know if / what the spelling was specified
in the trademark.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis, MN  55411    |  Twin Cities Freenet  |