Re: CoHousing Conf. / Chse-L thread conclusions
From: Pablo Halpern (phalpernworld.std.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 94 17:31 CDT
> From: "Fred H Olson  WB0YQM" <fholson [at] maroon.tc.umn.edu>
>
> On Fri, 12 Aug 94 02:13 CDT,
> Kevin Wolf  <kjwolf [at] ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> ..
> >Donno Spreitzer and I think that a gathering of representatives of
> >different co-housing communitys would be a great time to have groups of
> >us tackle some of the more difficult problems we face and see if we can
> >reach a "consensus" on:
> >
> >        The problem
> >        Its causes
> >        Best solutions, preventions etc
> >
> >The results of these "meeting" workshops could be summarized in a page
> >and published - on line certainly and possible in print.
> ..
> This sounds good to me.

Me too.

> One thing discussions on Cohousing-L lacks
> is a mechanism for summarizing, bringing closure to or arriving at
> consensus on topics.  Sometimes individuals attempt this with their
> postings, but often discussions just kind of fade away.  Could
> substantial threads be paired with a facilitator somehow who
> might oversee that discussion and it's life cycle?
>
> Fred

I suspect that doing this well would require more sophistication than a
simple listserver. But it's a great idea! If somehow, threads (and families
of threads) could be identified and collected by a facilitator with some
sort of formal method for getting consensus from an identified subgroup of
the overall list, an on-line conference would be a *real* conference. I can
imagine such a concept being implemented by an ambitious software engineer
(not me!).

- Pablo

Pablo Halpern              (508) 435-5274         phalpern [at] world.std.com

New View Neighborhood Development, Acton, MA