RE: proximity to common house
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 94 09:31 CDT
The desirability of closeness to the commonhouse depends on what
happens around it. Is there an outside patio or kids play area? At
Sharingwood, I am right across the lane from the commons.  Kids play in
front of my house all day and often use my yard as part of their play
space. I love it. Others would hate it. Depends on who you are and what
you want. Another aspect is private/public balance of the homesite.
My front porch/yard/garden are adjacent to the commons and is a very
public space where people hang out a lot.  My back yard and deck are
very private and so I have a good balance.  If I didn't have that
balance, I am not sure I would enjoy the public as much.  As it is, I
can choose public or private by deciding whether to go out the front
door or the back.