Re: Leave of Absence <FWD>
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 94 00:34 CDT
Pablo Halpern  phalpern [at] world.std.com  is the author of this message but
due to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop.

> From: Dan Ardoin <71045.2023 [at] compuserve.com>
>
>  I like the idea that her time stops while she is away
> (Angie McGowan).

I would add that letting the clock run while someone does not participate
and pay dues would be unfair. Our development has become a serious
speculative investment, with tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of
hours at risk. Anybody not paying their fair share is increasing the risk
for everybody else (this goes for people behind in their payments, as
well). If someone has a lot of seniority, then stopping the clock will
allow other people to slowly catch up without unfairly penalizing the
person on leave.

> For the most part this is really not needed.  The group found out that
> there was almost no conflict in choice of lot location.  But since this
> situation cropped up, they wondered how others might have handled absence

Consider yourselves lucky.

- Pablo

Pablo Halpern              (508) 435-5274         phalpern [at] world.std.com

New View Neighborhood Development, Acton, MA