seniority/house location selection
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIHUBVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 11:01 CDT
Just a comment on the seniority thread. One of the things we have found at
Monterey is that getting this going is a LOT of work.  People considering
coming in have asked us "founders" why we do all this.  Mostly, it's because we
really want to see this happen, and don't see a good alternative, even if we
were willing to pay lots more for help, which we aren't, having shallow
pockets.  (Which is not to say we may not have missed some opportunities
there).  So seniority becomes one of the few ways we have to reward those who
took the financial risks and did all the upfront work.   So far, we haven't had
to use it, as far as I know.

judy

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
e-mail: baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu