Re: Parking configurations (was Re: Controversy over ...)
From: RAYGASSER (RAYGASSERdelphi.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 10:58 CDT
Ecovillage at Ithaca i scurrently plannig for 1.5 spaces per household, plus
7 guest spots. We're trying to reduce individual's reliance on
individual cars, but realize that some families "need" 2 cars (like mine; i
will be travelling a bit, and my wife will still need to get around). But we're
also trying to work out things like having a
community shuttle from EVI into town (about 1.5 mi). We also have the luxury
of having ample expansion space available if it turns out that
1.5 is unworkable. Another possibility for decreasing automobile need
is to have people "share" cars. One couple is "renting" occasional car
use from another  in excahange for paying a portion of their
monthly auto expenses (though you need to be careful about insurance
liabilities, etc.)

Ray Gasser, Ecovillage at Ithaca, NY
raygasser [at] delphi.com