carpets/env sensitivities
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIHUBVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 94 10:51 CDT
I don't know that this is really a Cohousing question, but it does seem to
relate to the problems of furnishing common spaces as well as individual, so
here goes.

After 17 months at  Monterey Cohousing we have finally completed enough of the
rehab in my space to pick up again the question of carpet.  A year ago we
picked out some Berber style carpet, i think nylon or olefin (can't find my
notes).  And I have been pushing to get it installed in early fall so all the
windows can be open for a while.  Now I'm wondering about the off-gases, etc,
and alternatives, including cost  (this was going to be about $20/sq foot,
installed).  This is going to be installed over concrete. Any experiences with
alternatives?  Ideas?  Just saw something about carpet from recycled PET
bottles, whatever that means.

Judy

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
e-mail: baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu