Re: Sexuality and CoHousing
From: Jeff Papineau (jeffpossi.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 13:35 CDT
For me, non-manogamy is an issue for community. I feel that I want to live
in an environment free of judgement and negative sexual mores. I also want
to live in a community that is spiritually oriented to some basic degree,
but non-denominational.

In other words, with a group of like-minded individuals that basically agree
not to judge each other over socially instilled norms that may or may not
be relevant in a more perfect world not predicated on fear...(this gets
highly philosophical.)

But in actuality, most of our social/sexual mores of today are predicated on
fear, not love. And children growing up in this environment are confused;
I know I was. Only once I started to grasp that I am a many faceted human
being with many drives and desires to be balanced did I realize that most of
what we consider "normal" is simply the path of least resistance and that
we have institutionalized denial that this is the way we really want things to
be.

It comes down to expression. Sexual expression. Spiritual expression. How
tolerant are we willing to be as a group? How much are we willing to stretch
such that we can grow? I need some very special people for my community;
people that have dealt with and are aware of fear issues (the many manifesta-
tions;i.e., jealousy, bigotry, insecurity, self-image, control issues) and
are ready for THE NEXT PHASE OF HUMAN DEVELOPEMENT. Prince calls it: New
Power Generation.

The above is tempered with the truth we are all at different places
in the path of self-realization. The best I may be able to start with
is a group of tolerant people that agree not to get judgemental and
are willing to stretch in order to grow as individuals and a community
of loving friends. If I can't have that, I'm not interested.

Jeff-