Re: senior cohousing
From: Dennis . McCracken (Dennis.McCrackenncal.kaiperm.org)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 94 17:23 CDT
I read greenmac's "anti-retirement community response to my request--
sounds like a similar view-- actually you make several points I would like to
respond to at some length so I'll probably e-mail you privately. If others on
the list have ideas about co-housing for seniors at different levels of age
andof age and infirmity, integrated into a larger community of all ages,
support- ing continued creative participation and productivity, with a
spiritual or at least communitarian tone,   that's the flavor I'm looking for
and I'd like to hear about them-- preferably in California area but this is
not a limitingfactor. We live in the North Bay and I commute to Sacramento-
Not the greenest lifestyle in the world, but I'm stuck with it for now.