Group reluctance to incorporate <FWD>
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 08:18 CDT
Steve Farley (sfarley [at] igc.apc.org) is the author of this message but
due to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop.

I am a new member of the Tucson cohousing group, and we seem to be entering
an important stage in the development of the group--the moment when wecut bait.
Part of the group is ready to go ahead and put an option on a site,
and part wants to move more slowly. Even some of the site-option contingent
are reluctant to establish legal status for the group (incorporation,
partnership, etc.) prior to optioning the land.

How have other groups handled this phase of the process?  I know a lot of
cohousers have been lucky enough to have a member with means just go
ahead and buy land on their own to get things going, but even then, some sort
of
legal status seems to be necessary before anyone buys land to make us  appear
legitimate in the eyes of developers, banks, and new members.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,  Steve Farley (sfarley [at] igc.apc.org)