Re: Correction to wholesale address
From: nan tiernan (ntiernanblue.weeg.uiowa.edu)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 20:11 CDT
This is a reply to Denis McCracken's Statements in reply to Kim's
wondering about barter lists.  From usenet news service I learned that
Ithaca, New York is printing their own money so as to keep community
goods and services within the community.  The full text of creating
economic democracy with local currency was printed by a Tom Rowland,
whose E-mail address is trowland [at] freenet2.scri.fsu.edu .  Ithaca has
issued $47,000 worth of money, since 1991.  And most wages are set at $10
an hour for services, unless special arrangments are made for
professionals.  Be decorous about writing Towm, though, because of course
the good man shouldn't be flamed for his kindness in putting this on the
net, but maybe we can get an address to fTP than document.  What I have
is just on my hard drive from my capture function, and it looks really
messy and I don't know how to send it to you from there.  Sincerely,  Nan
Tiernan.