Re: Can men cook? Do they?
From: Jennifer Norris (norrisjBoalt.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 94 10:23 CDT
          I don't live in co-housing, but my partner lives in a large
          coop, and the split of who cooks is pretty equal, since
          pretty much everyone cooks!  I found that to be true when
          I lived in cooperative housing, too.  My experience (maybe
          this is the breakdown generation--my mom often comments as
          such) (and I'm in my twenties) is that most men I know cook
          more elaborately and ambitiously than the women--and have
          great success.  For a good long time I didn't know how to
          cook and all of my male friends, to a tee, were awesome at
          it (this was true for my older sister, too, and that's what
          elicited the comments of my mom) I also have noted a funny
          correlation between those folks who like chemistry and those
          who like to cook -- something about the exact measurements
          and the synthesis of ingredients?  Anyway, I'm curious as to
          whether this is a generational thing.

          Jennifer Norris