Re: Can men cook? Do they?
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (staniforcs.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 94 00:09 CDT
Rob says

> I was forced to admit that as a general rule, the men at

> Sharingwood, while cooking the same amount of time, do in fact cook

> less elaborate meals.  Us menfolk stick to tacos, pasta, and stir

> fry (with the exception of Bill who takes all sorts of interesting

> culinary projects.).

> Do other groups have gender culinary parity or are men cooking

> impaired everywhere?

I (and my cooking partner) cooked Mushroom Brioche for community meal
tonight.  (Mushrooms, apples, celery, and spices in a pastry formed
with yeast dough and baked in the oven).

I'm hoping this raises me above the level of the "cooking impaired"
model of masculinity. :-)

Stuart Staniford-Chen
stanifor [at] cs.ucdavis.edu
N St Cohousing.