Re: ELF
From: Pablo Halpern (phalpernworld.std.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 94 09:47 CDT
> From: "William L. Mahan" <freebird [at] netcom.com>
>
>  No long
> term effects have been proven, nor is any REASONABLE experimentation been
> done.  The most is anedoctoal information.

I think the researchers that did the epedemiological studies believe that their
methods were REASONABLE. Epedemiology is not the same thing as experimentation,
but it is a valid scientific methodology. But we can't just keep going on
disputing one another's points without citing the literature directly. Even if
we did have citations, this is not the forum to debate these points. As I said
before, the purpose of my previous posting was to give a "heads up" to anbody
considering heating technologies that could generate relatively high EMFs. I
will leave it to those who are considering these technologies to go to the
library and read the REAL literature (as opposed to our flawed recollection if
bits and pieces of the literature).

One more thing. 50-60 Hz transmitions from large "transmitters" (such as the
proposed heating elements in the ceiling) can cause an annoying hum in medium
low quality stereos, televisions and public-address systems. Consider this if
you are going to be using the room for music, dance, or entertainment.

- Pablo

Pablo Halpern              (508) 435-5274         phalpern [at] world.std.com

New View Neighborhood Development, Acton, MA, U.S.A.
- Pablo

Pablo Halpern             (508) 435-5274          phalpern [at] world.std.com

I am self-employed, so my opinions *do* reflect those of my employer.
However, they may not reflect the opinions of my client.
  • Re: ELF William L. Mahan, October 5 1994
    • Re: ELF Rob Sandelin, October 6 1994
    • Re: ELF Deborah Behrens, October 6 1994
    • Re: ELF John Gear, October 6 1994
    • Re: ELF Pablo Halpern, October 7 1994