Cohousing in Australia?
From: Karen Sharman (u8944601arch.unsw.EDU.AU)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 94 20:59 CST
G`day,

My name is Karen Sharman and I am a senior architecture student at the
University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. I have been interested in
Cohousing since I lived, studied and worked in Denmark during 1991. I was so
warmed by the concept of Cohousing that I have kept reading and learning about
it for the past 3 years. It is only recently that I have had the good fortune
to learn of COHOUSING-L and the very topical CoHousing journals.

I looked for a way of encorporating Cohousing into my Bachelor of Architecture
degree and now, I am indulgently writing my dissertation on it. The aim of my
dissertation, is to show that Cohousing emerged as a result of dissatisfactions
arising from housing in Post World War II Denmark. By studying relevant
philosophical and social issues, I can then attempt to explain why Cohousing is
a valuable current housing model. The electronic discussion has been a vital
part of learning about the current Cohousing Movement.

>From all of my resources, I understand that the Movement is large and growing
>in the United States, however ironically, I have little knowledge about
>Cohousing in Australia and the existing support groups if any. If there are
>any residents of Cohousing in Australia or if anyone knows any contacts, I'd
>love to talk to them. I would like to ask what exists here in the true sense
>of Cohousing, how the residents/potential residents found out about it, and if
>they feel there is a growing Cohousing Movement here, in Australia.

Looking forward to your replies,

Karen Sharman.

_--_|\   Karen Sharman
/      \  Architecture, UNSW
\_.--._/  Australia
      v   u8944601 [at] keystone.arch.unsw.edu.au