make it easier/impt of struggle
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIHUBVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 94 12:42 CST
Rob Sandelin wrote:  (Nov 12, 94)
The current paradigm of cohousing as  real estate development is
something people have to do, because they want something really badly:
community.  Real estate development is NOT a requirement of community,
you can have lots of community with out living together (Read: Creating
Community Anywhere by Carolyn Shaffer).  I very much believe that it is
 better for a forming group to work on group issues (decisions making,
getting to know and trust each other, conflict strategies, etc.) and
let professionals deal with finding land, getting rezones, etc.

The biggest barrier to cohousing as I see it is that is just takes too
much effort and too long to accomplish.  Cohousing? oh yeah, I heard
about that - it takes 4 years of meetings to get a house.....No thanks.

I couldn't agree more.  And even with lots more professional help, easier
financing, zoning, land search, etc, there will STILL be lots of stuff to work
on together, **believe me**.
I can tell you, I would be happy to be in a 2nd generation process.
Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
e-mail: baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu