Re: commercial kitchen?
From: Catherine Kehl (tyliku.washington.edu)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 94 12:08 CST

On Fri, 2 Dec 1994, Judy wrote:

> I've just been told that our local officials (I think it was the Health Dept)
> have changed their minds.  Before, they said we were not considered to have a
> commercial kitchen  - now, apparently, they think we have to (i.e. follow
> those
> rules). What have other groups done/been told/etc. ?

Now, I'm not the most knowledgable person on this, but I think Puget
Ridge co-housing had to have a commercial kitchen, though they were
exempted from the two gender segregated bathroom bit (which often comes
with the commercial kitchen....)

By the way, if any of you ever get a chance to visit the Puget Ridge
kitchen, I'd really recommend it.  (It's gorgeous!  Custom made work
table, plenty of buttspace and all!)

                                        Catherine