Affordability/Urban Areas
From: Ross M Donald (rnnworld.std.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 12:33 CST
=>To:  OrrinDavid [at] aol.com
=>To: cohousing-l [at] uci.com
=>Subject: Re: Affordability of cohousing
=>
=>   ...cohousing in urban areas. I am part of an
=>organization that wants to study the cohousing option
=>for...
=>
     what's the org?

=>...community (re) development ideas in Chicago's urban
=>core.
=>
     The BIGGEST problem is the tenant-landlord
situation.  It doesn't work.  There are options.

=>   But, as either Thoreau or Emerson once said,
=>"Whenever I see somebody coming to do me good, I run
=>the other way!" - one corollary being:  "If it is your
=>intention to help the other person, expect nothing in
=>return, but resentment."
=>
     By this, we mean, one cannot come in from the
schools, the church volunteer groups and the community
action agencies, nor from city hall with money,
education, and eager solutions;  without buying in, in
every way.

     I suppose you want to "study" poverty, the homeless,
AIDS, crime, teen motherhood, institutional expansion,
neighborhood disinvestment, toxic dumping, lousy
politics, mental illness, corruption, injustice, drugs,
unemployment, racism;  using the current "ideas," such as
sustainability, diversity, environmentalism, ecological
whateverism, community planning, clean energy, midnight
basketball, GIS, etc.

=>Any help or ideas will be most appreciated.
=>
     Here's an idea:  buy my house, help yourself.  I've
had it!

rnn [at] world.std.com         \ Information Ecologies
                           \  141 Fisher Avenue
                            \   Boston, MA  02143 USA
Ross M. Donald               \   1-617/730-5656
   Life of the Party          \   "So It Goes"
                               \       -Linda Ellerbee

              --------> <RNN> Renewable News Network
                            rnn [at] world.std.com