RE: Affordability of cohousing
From: Jeffrey O. Hobson (johobsonwheel.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 01:49 CST
Rob Sandelin wrote:
>Teramanto community in Renton WA comes to mind.  It is 4 houses within
>a suburban cul-de-sac.  They raised funds from private and public
>sectors to build the first house, used the value of the first house to
>raise capital for the second house.

Sounds very interesting.  Could you direct me towards more information about
these folks?

Currently involved in a homeless shelter which is struggling to raise
$20-30k per year in operating expenses, I am somewhat surprised that they
could raise $45k in donations for a shared house (how much of that money was
in "services", how much donations?).  Is that unusual, or do I just have a
limited imagination?

Thanks,
jeff