A Great Book
From: Catherine Kehl (tyliku.washington.edu)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 95 12:44 CST
Probably a bunch of you have already run into this little gem, but I just
found a book entitled _Skills for Simple Living_.  It's a compilation of
short articles/hints/whatever from "The Smallholder".  It's aimed at the
homesteading bunch (somehow that bunch just seems wrong...) but much of
the information is widely applicable.

Everything in it from ecologically friendly gardening tips to how to
build a good sturdy stone wall, how to build a potter's wheel from auto
parts, recipes, how to make all kinds of tools....  it goes on and on.
(I bought it because I hadn't come anywhere near reading all the
interesting parts in the bookstore, and the store was closing...)

Great fun -- not sure how your community would feel about having someone
build a smithing set-up behind their house, but it's just too cool to miss.

                                                Catherine