CoHousing and Descrimination: Call 4 Experiences
From: BPaiss (BPaissaol.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 95 11:28 CST
Greetings from Colorado:

Over the past few months, I have been involved in a series of discussions
with a homebuilder marketing consultant for the Highline Crossing community
here in Colorado.  There seems to be some inherent conflicts with the way
CoHousing communities recruit potential members and the Fair Housing Law.  In
a conventional neighborhood of homes for sale, residents would not be talking
about each other, asking new neighbors about their maritial status, families,
jobs,  etc.

Have any of you run into the problem of discrimination alligations resulting
from this kind of "neighborliness? and if so how did you handle it?

Bill
bpaiss [at] aol.com       "If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your
revolution!!!"