501(c)3 vs. mutual benefit
From: Gary D. Shapiro (gshapirorain.org)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 19:12 CST
A member of Cohousing Santa Barbara has asked me to post the following question.
(I am an almost-member of Cohousing Santa Barbara, a group that has been
looking for a site for three or four years and is still looking.)

What is the advantage of being a 501(c)3 nonprofit cohousing group as
opposed to a mutual benefit nonprofit corporation?  Does it depend on what
kind of money you are trying to get access to?

--
Gary D. Shapiro <gshapiro [at] rain.org>   home page: http://rain.org/~gshapiro/
A: I oppose plan X. It's unfair.  B: Life is unfair.  A: What's your point?