Real Friends - non profit housing org
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 12:11 CST
Bill Brossman  @CS.UTEXAS.EDU,@BODEDO:BILL682 [at] DENVER.RELAY.UCM.ORG
(1-800-866-3654)  is the author of this message but
due to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

-
Good Morning. Our non-profit organization, Real Friends, is becoming
interested in learning more about bofoellesskaber. The concept could be use
very effectively in creating affordable housing for low- to moderate-income
families. Our organization is 100% volunteer and does not receive any govt'
funding. We started with $25 and 25 volunteers in May of 1990. By the end of
1994, we had purchased, rehabed and made available to our families all most
$10,000,000 in affordable housing. We are expecting to do all most
$50,000,000 in 1995. We started in Colorado and now are also in Texas, New
Meixco and Arizona. We have been invited to participate in the International
Housing Conference in the summer of 1996 in Turkey. We have done this as a
non-governmental organization and it seems to have been the right choice. If
anyone has any information or questions they can reach me at 1-800-866-3654.
My name is Bill Brossman.

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis, MN 55411 Sysop of COHOUSING-L listserv