RE: Federation of Intentional Communities (USA)
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 10:54 CST
The FIC contact person is Betty Didcott  615 first ave. Langley, WA
98260  206-221-3064.  They have an MCI mail address but I was never
able to access it via email.  Dan Christenberry of Shannon Farm might
be able to give you better info, his number is 804-361-1417.   I also
know elf was lurking for awhile on this list. You still out there elf?

They produce Communities Magazine and also the Communities directory, a
new version is due out in a couple of months.  They have a board which
meets twice a year, alternating between east and west coasts and other
locations. The next board meeting is in June in Colorado.

If you ever get the opportunity to attend one of their board meetings I
highly reccomend it.  I attended one and learned an enourmous amount
about consensus facilitation by watching some very good facilitators at work.

I am unaware that they have any specific interest group in cohousing -
I have a monthly communities meeting and one member  is on the FIC
board so I will ask her about that.

Rob Sandelin
Treasurer
Northwest Intentional Communities Association
(Aint it amazing how many hats I wear!)