Re: Re: Density, detached vs. attached
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 11:54 CST
I  talked to a person from our County building inspection dept. about
what rules there were about straw bale construction.  He was
incredulous that such a thing even existed!  Needless to say, it is not
allowed in our County.  Yet.  Might not be a good application for a
wet-climate like ours (Washington State) anyway, but it was interesting
to get his viewpoint.  He thought it was a crazy idea, and said: "Its
the weirdest thing I have ever heard of."  I hope other Counties and
States have better luck and would be interested to know what Counties
or States allow such construction.