RE: site design
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 95 10:16 CST
Blake Cullimoren writes

>I am looking for any information or opinions that would make a
>relationship between the site design of a cohousing community and the
>community that surrounds the cohousing site.  What are some of the
>important elements to consider when begining the site planning process.
>How do we relate to the outside community as a part of the design.

One specific example I heard of this weekend from Chuck Durrett was a
cohousing group which placed a basketball court at the edge of their
site between the houses of the cohousing development and a low income
housing project.  The kids and adults who used it were about 50% from
each and this formed a connection which spread to invites to dinner,
parties, etc.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
  • site design Blake F. Cullimore, January 26 1995
    • site design Graham Meltzer, January 29 1995
    • RE: site design Rob Sandelin, January 30 1995