Re: Sex, Kids, and Religon
From: Barbara Saunders (saunderssybase.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 95 18:12 CST

> However, let's face it, everyone in a close knit community pretty much
> always knows who's involved with whom.  So right there it becomes a
> community issue.  It's not the sex, it's the romantic relationship part.
>
> In an earlier discussion of this very issue, someone mentioned that a
> theoretical parent trying to raise their offspring in accordance with
> their own personal values (let's say monogamy, which is a pretty common
> value) might find having a member of the community involved in a poly
> relationship undermining their attempts to educate their children.  This
> parent might want to encourage their offspring not to associate with this
> person, for instance.

Also, there's the issue of how to deal with "breakups" in a mixed mono/poly
cohousing context.  If a member of a monogamous couple "cheats", how
does this impact the community relationships.  I've seen this issue
divide people in workplaces, where it really has no bearing.  In a co-
housing community, it could be very sticky.

>                               Catherine

Barbara