Re: Multiple people living in the same unit [FWD]
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 95 12:41 CST
ROBSAN [at] MICROSOFT.COM  is the author of this message but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
However the first time I posted it got garbled with another messages!

Note from Fred:

Actually this is the third attempt to post this message!  I'm having some
difficulty keeping up with the pace of the list lately and having more
"rejects" on top of it.  Be patient, I try to get all rejects posted.

****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

Dale B. Walker  wrote:

>I know that when my partner and I went to one of the local cohousing groups
>(currently in organization) and looked at their floor plans and projected
>pricing, we determined that the only way that we were likely to be able to
>afford to buy in would be to share a 4 bedroom unit with 2 other adults.

I would very much be interested in hearing more about this sort of
"subdivision" of units, especially co-ownership.  Having one owner and
a renter or housemate is common, having 2 unrelated adults in a single
family house as co-owners is different and, as Dale suggests, perhaps
an excellent solution to economic realities.

Ideas, experiences?

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood