parking lots and predominantly female cohousing communities
From: Wynne Rae Maggi (wmaggiemory.edu)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 95 17:41 CDT
Hi y'all.  Diane wrote in a few weeks ago and received wonderful helpful
comments and advice about Lake Clare CoHousing.  We are (cross you
fingers) just now ready to break ground and could use a little more advice.

        First, and this seems almost silly, but seems as if it could
become a real problem for us....Parking.  According to our building code,
we are required to have 2 parking spaces per unit.  We have very limited
space, so 6 spaces are planned under our common house.  We had originally
planned to enclose the whole garage to make a workshop and other future
common space, but some members in our group are concerned about the
parking implications of this.  How have other groups dealt with parking?
Specifically, do other communities have assigned parking spaces which
"belong" to each unit or not?
        Second, more a note than a comment, we ahve only recently
realized that our group is predominantly single women.  In fact, as it
stands now, it looks like there are only 4 men.  We were wondering what
the makeup of other similar communities is?

        Finally, there are still one or two units available in Lake
Clare, and they cost around $90,000 (We're in Atlanta, in a really
interesting part of the city).  If anyone is interested in joining us, or
knows someone who is, please write and I'll send information.
        Thanks again for all the help!

Wynne Maggi